Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowman Addition

I saw this activity on My Montessori Journey. The instructions say to use pom poms for buttons, but I couldn't find our pom poms, so we used foam beading circles. Arin really liked this game. I liked this game because more than one skill was being used. I put the cards in two piles, face down. Arin would choose a card from each pile and put it on the correct square (green circle cards on the green square, red circled cards on the red square - matching). Then, she'd count the red circles and put that many red circles on the snowman's belly and then do the same for the green circles. Then, she'd count all of the circles and pick the correct numbered hat to put on the snowman's head. This also reinforced number recognition.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like this...I'm going to do this with Meara. I think she will really like it! ;-)