Monday, April 27, 2009

Feeding the Baby

Ella has never tried baby food from a jar, but last night I decided to go ahead and buy some. This morning, Arin found a jar of the food and brought it to me to open. She told me that she liked baby food and she wanted to eat it. I knew this was not true - she wouldn't even touch baby food from a jar when she was a baby! Anyways, I decided to humor her and I opened the jar and gave it to her. She didn't even pick something sweet like fruit, but rather some country mixed vegetables. So she tried it, and as I assumed, she didn't like it. I didn't think anything else about. Ella woke from her nap and I put her in walker. I was busy taking care of some stuff and I glanced over at Ella and it appeared that she had something in her mouth. So I asked Arin what Ella had (Arin keeps a very close eye on her sister). Arin said, "I feeding her." She was feeding her - the baby food from the jar. I had to have a little talk with her about never feeding the baby without asking first. Ella did really like the vegetables though. I was surprised at how much she liked them. Arin will need some practice at feeding her sister, as more went on Ella than in her :) Good to know I have a little helper!

No comments: