Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Blueberries

This morning, my mom mentioned to me that they are doing the u-pick blueberries right now. That is something on our list, so I called the farm and they are only open through this weekend. We made plans to go on Friday (my mom's first day off). Just as my mom was getting ready to leave for work, her boss called and said that she was sick, so she didn't need to go in today. So my mom and I decided today would be a great day to take Arin to pick blueberries. This was also my first time picking blueberries. It was very wet from all the rain we've been having, but it was so much fun! Arin went with her grandma and they picked in one section while I picked in a different place. Arin kept saying to grandma, "I love this bluebery farm!" Arin picked two pounds (just less than half a bucket) by herself and I picked six pounds. Some of the blueberries were so big and hung in clusters like grapes! This was a great experience and the berries are delicious!

2 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

so what are you going to do with all those berries!

In late june we are going peach and strawberry picking!

Peterson Party said...

My mom made a couple of blueberry pies, we ate a bunch of them and we're having blueberry pancakes for breakfast tomorrow. Yum!
I hope you have fun picking peaches and strawberries :)