Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sight Word Fishing

Today, we played sight word fishing. I cut fish shapes out of orange cardstock. Then, I wrote the words I, a, me, we, by, is, it, the, and, at on the fish. I attached a magnet to each fish. Then, Arin used her fishing pole (from her puzzle similiar to this). I would tell her to find a word, such as "Find the word we." and she would try to fish for this word. Today was the first time that she has been introduced to these words, so she needed a little help with some, but she thought it was fun to fish for the words.

5 comments:

no one said...

that is fan, I have been pinning our sight words on the pin board, but this is sooo much better and interactive. Great will make this tomorrow! Excellent idea!

LitLass said...

I'll have to do this soon. Thanks for the idea!

MommyWise said...

Hey.. we have that puzzle... I think Aidan will get a kick out of playing that so I'll borrow that idea.

Chrissy said...

Love this idea. I think my daughter could really get into this kind of activity. Thanks for sharing!

Er-u-di-tion said...

Great idea!

Try playing a board game called Er-u-di-tion that incorporates both sight words and phonics.

This award winning game helps children learn to read, spell and understand the most common words in the English language while playing an entertaining board game.

Cards are categorized so children of all reading levels can play together!