Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was fantastic! It started on Saturday night. My dad called and invited us over to their place for pizza. My older sister and her family, my little sister and one of my nieces were there. We ate pizza and hung out for a while. My parents gave my older sister and me a gift for Mother's Day. Thanks Mom & Dad!



Ella fed herself avocado for the first time (not first time eating avocado, just first time feeding them to herself). She is still new at the self-feeding, but she seems to enjoy it.

On Sunday, we met up with our good friends, the Pendraks. We toured a winery/vineyard and then took the kids to Burger King to play together. We had a great time catching up (haven't seen them since Abigail and I were both pregnant with our little ones). The kids had so much fun playing together.












Sunday evening, Andy took the girls and me to Symphony Under the Stars. It was the first time that we had been to it. It is an annual Mother's Day event. We really enjoyed ourselves. The weather was nice and the event was just nice and relaxing, even though there were thousands of people there. The symphony lasted about two hours and then it was followed by fireworks.

The local Ford dealership gave out free ice cream.



Watching as they performed the National Anthem.

Doing the Chicken Dance.

Mommy & her girls.

Teething on broccoli...


...and celery.

The Ford dealership also gave the kids glo-sticks.




Ella slept through all the fireworks. Arin met a friend and she sat with them for the fireworks. She kept her hands over her ears the whole time because it was so loud, but she said that she liked all the colors.

No comments: