Sunday, April 11, 2010

Declutter Challenge: Mission Accomplished

My goal was to declutter 31 things per month for twelve months, making a grand total of 372 things removed from our home in a year's time.  However, once I started this challenge, it turned out to be a breeze to get rid of stuff.  I started this challenge three and a half weeks ago and prior to today, I had already gotten rid of 126 things.

Today I got rid of an amazing 376 things (not counting the hundreds of things that we threw away), making my grand total 502 things!  And, wow, does it feel great!!!! 

I had said that I needed to take a picture of our garage, but was always so embarrassed of it.  We recently purchased a new vehicle and Andrew has been wanting to park it in the garage.  I have been wanting the garage cleaned out, so we both had motivation to get out there and declutter, declutter, declutter!

We've always tended to have too much stuff, but with this move to a smaller, differently laid out house than our previous one, it felt like we were drowning in stuff!

So here it is, the before picture of our incredibly embarrassing, cluttered garage.


And here is a picture of all the trash we got rid of.


And a picture of all the stuff that we are donating.

And finally, an after picture of the garage. 


As you see, there are still some boxes and stuff so we are not done yet, but oh so much closer!  It feels awesome!!!!

4 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

Wow! That's awesome! You've inspired me to do the same!

MommyWise said...

I wish our garage looked like that... (picture what you had but all the way the ceiling... and more packed)

jasnjoj said...

Congratulations, CARA! Woohoo!
Oh, I know that feels good!

Aunt Suzi Quilts said...

Way to go!! I, too, have way too much stuff. But as we have been getting the house ready for sale, we have been decluttering quite a bit. It feels so good!