Monday, September 22, 2008

Unplug Your Kids: Hard

This week's Unplugged theme is Hard. First, I hard-boiled an egg for Arin. Then I let her peel it. This is something that she has never done before. She thought it was fun. Next, I let her cut the egg. Also, something that she has never done before. She does not like to eat eggs. I kept trying to get her to try it. She kept replying with "Nope!"
After peeling and cutting the hard-boiled egg, we played "I Spy" using the board that I made for the "soft" theme. This time, Arin searched only for hard items, such as a crayon, buttons, coins, a shell, a rock, a bottle cap, etc. I think I need to add more items to the board because it is just so easy for her to find the items, even though it is very rare that we ever play this game.

4 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

so cute! and great ideas! i still need to make that board i'm going to do that this week! we are off to target email after we get back!

Michie said...

Too funny that she wanted to peel and cut the egg, but not eat it. Sounds like my little one!

Gottfredsen said...

Great Ideas. I really love the first picture with the egg. She looks so excited about her egg. Very Cute.

Anonymous said...

That board is a really neat idea! That looks fun.

My 2 year-old likes eggs, but I have yet to try her with a hard-boiled one. You have inspired me! I am sure she'd love the peeling and cutting too, and hopefully the eating.