Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Matching Blocks

We were given a wonderful set of blocks when Arin was about Ella's age.  We recently put them in a corner in the living room where the kids could get to them easier.  The kids have spent hours enjoying these blocks.  Instead of just building with the blocks, we have recently started playing matching games with them.

Ella's version:
I lay five blocks in front of her.  I try to make them similiar in shape.  Then, one at a time, I hand her a block to match with one in the pile.


Arin's version:
Arin has always had a passion for matching objects, but she needs a bit more of a challenge now. For her, I put six similiar blocks (one more than what she'd be matching) in a pillowcase.  Then, one at a time, I show her a block.  Without looking, she is to reach into the bag, feel the blocks, and pull out the match. 


What the girls liked about this game, other than the matching factor, was that there was a new spin put on their toys.  What I liked was that I can use the same objects with slight variations to keep the girls entertained!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

I love finding things you can use for both kids!