Thursday, July 31, 2008

Category Game

While Arin was asleep today, I looked through catalogs and cut out pictures in the following categories: People, Plants, Animals, Food. Then, I glued each picture on a piece of cardstock (mostly to make them more sturdy, but the colored border was nice too). Then, I wrote one category on the top of each new, full sheet of cardstock. When Arin woke up from her nap, we played the game. I had her put the pictures into the correct category. Since she can't read yet, she needed a little help to get started, but once each category had a picture or two, she did great with this project with very little help. She did have a little trouble with the "plants" category. I should have made it only "flowers" or only "trees". Also, there was some confusion to Arin as to why the animal chicken and the food chicken didn't go in the same category! Other than that, she did great. She wanted to play this game about a dozen times!


No comments: