Friday, August 8, 2008

Gift Wrap Magnets

When we take long car trips, I like to pack activities and toys for Arin to play with. A couple of weeks ago, I had found some animal wrapping paper. Arin loves animals so she immediately loved the wrapping paper. Today, I decided to make her some magnets from this wrapping paper. Arin will be able to take these magnets with her in the car and play with them on her magnetic dry erase board. There are two of every animal. This way, she can play a matching game with them.



To make these magnets, I first cut a little larger around each animal. Then I glued each on to a thin piece of cardboard (such as an empty cereal box). Next, I covered each animal with packing tape to "laminate" them. It would have been better to use clear contact paper, but I didn't have any, so the packing tape is what I went with. Then I cut out each animal and put a magnet on the back. Wa-La! A new "game" for Arin!

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a great game! and hey i've used the clear packing tape too in a pinch!