Sunday, January 1, 2012

29 Days for Daddy: #4, 5 & 6

Day 4: "The Gift of Fruit"
The back of the tag read, "I love daddy because he is really nice" ~ Arin


Arin drew a bicycle because she loves to take bike rides with her daddy.

Andrew's gift for this day was dried figs.  He loves the Jenny brand of dried figs and typically we can only find these in our grocery store in the fall, so it is a special treat each year.


Day 5: "The Gift of Clothing"
The back of the tag read, "I love daddy because he buys me scissors" ~ Ella





Day 6: "The Gift of Accuracy"
The back of the tag read, "I love my daddy because he's so sweet and every time he golfs, he let's me too" ~ Arin

Drawing by Ella

This was the first gift that we didn't do with Andrew.  This was the gift of guy time.  I had set it up with a couple of his brothers and his dad for them to go to the gun range.  Arin was upset at first that she wasn't allowed to do every special activity with her daddy, but once I explained that it was a real gun and that she was too little to go there, she seemed ok with it.  Besides, she had her own special day of playing with her cousins :)


You can read more about this project here.

No comments: