Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Declutter Challenge: 5 minute decluttering

In the first round of my declutter challenge, I said that I would be dropping the unwanted items off at Goodwill on Friday.  We had company all weekend, so I never got around to it on Friday, or the next day, or the next...but today, I have to run into town, so I will be taking the stuff with me.  The more I play this game, the more excited I am to play it.  I am thrilled, really thrilled to be getting rid of my clutter!  Woohoo!!!

Since I know I am heading to Goodwill this morning, I wanted to gather a few more items, but I also didn't want to spend all morning looking for stuff, so I set the timer for five minutes and gathered as much as I could in that amount of time.  Ok, so I sort of cheated because all I really did was go to the garage and grabbed a box and unpacked it and look at all the unused treasures I found!  It feels good that I am no longer going to be taking up space with unwanted stuff.  Maybe one day I will have enough room in our garage to park our vehicle!!!


Items I am donating today:
Pairs of shoes x 4 (technically I am getting rid of 8 things here, but will count it only as 4)
Olive Oil bottle
Hot sauce/salsa bottle
Drink Glasses x 2
Throw Rugs x 2
Icing spreader
Picture Album (This was by far the hardest thing to get rid of today.  It wasn't hard to get rid of because I thought I might use it one day, because I know that I rarely print prictures, but it was a handmade gift given to me when Arin was born.  Homemade/handmade gifts take a lot of thought, time and effort and that makes them so special.  However, I knew that it was going to waste not being used at my house, so I brainstormed with my sister-in-law this morning and she said that her youngest daughter (who loves princesses) would be delighted to have it.  So I feel good knowing that it'll brighten someone else's day and be put to use!)

Items being donated: 12 (97 total)
Items left to be donated before March 2011: 275

No comments: