Thursday, March 25, 2010

Declutter Challenge: Five Minutes in the Garage

I don't have a lot of time to spend decluttering today, but like I mentioned yesterday, it is becoming addicting.  I am so happy to be getting rid of stuff.  It's only been a week since I started this challenge.  I had intended to get rid of 372 things in a year's time, but at this rate, I think I might hit that goal in only a month's time and believe me, that'd be even better!  I spent about five minutes collecting unwanted items from the garage.  I really should take a "before" picture of the garage because it is down right scary, but again, it's behind closed doors and you know what they say, "Out of sight, out of mind!".  It's never really out of mind, but certainly much easier to ignore out there.


In today's donation pile:

- purse (Not pictured and that is because my sister was here over the weekend and she needed a new purse, and guess what?  Yup, I just went out to the garage and found her one.  In this case, it worked out well because it fulfilled that "may need this one day" scenerio, which has proven to be the exception and not the rule.)
- floor puzzle playmat
- craft items x 3
- shower curtain rings
- handkerchiefs
- supplemental workbooks x 4 (I used to homeschool a little girl and I am not even sure how I ended up with her supplemental workbooks instead of her parents having them.  She's been back in private school long enough that it is time for me to throw these away!)
- 3-ring binder

That's another 12 items for today (109 so far) and 263 left to get rid of!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great stuff wish i lived closer to you i'd take the grade 4 stuff :)