Monday, March 8, 2010

Gratituesday

It's Gratituesday!
Andrew and I have been married for seven years.  At our wedding, we received many wonderful and useful gifts.  Among them was a toaster oven.  This toaster oven had its quirks, but lasted us for the past seven years.  A couple of months ago, my mother-in-law came to visit and while she was here, the toaster oven basically stopped working.  A few weeks later, we were at a family gathering when my mother-in-law gave us a toaster oven which she had not been using. 

I used it for the first time last week and was delighted to not have to bang on the toaster (as I had to my previous one) in order to enjoy a piece of toast!  I am grateful that my mother-in-law shared this appliance.  Not only did it save us some money (thank you!) but I am also able to look around my kitchen at this and the other small appliances and dishes that she has given us and I am grateful to her and happy that I have a reminder of her daily!

She also birthed and raised the man I am married to and that is pretty cool too :)

1 comment:

herChristianHome said...

What a blessing!

My father-in-law just recently provided me with a stove from one of his rental houses (it was just setting in a garage). I too was tired of banging on my oven trying to get it to work.

My new "used" stove is actually much nicer than my old one. I'm so proud of it. God has blessed tremendously!!!