Monday, March 15, 2010

Gratituesday

On Sunday, we left Andy's family's house and started our trip back home.  My parents' live on our way home, so we stopped by to see them for lunch.  My little sister was there, as was my grandmother and uncle.  Shortly after we arrived, my cousin and her husband showed up.  My older sister wasn't able to make it for lunch, but she did stop by for a few minutes. 

I hadn't realized at the time that my parents had arranged everyone to be there, not only to see us since we live out of state, but also as a surprise for my birthday which is coming up later this week. 

We had a fantastic lunch, like a mini Thanksgiving!  We ate turkey, potatoes, gravy, stuffing, steamed vegetables, cranberry sauce and biscuits.  It was all so yummy!

I absolutely love chocolate (a bit too much!).  My mom made moist, delicious, mini chocolate, chocolate chip muffins for me and my cousin made an awesome chocolate bundt cake with chocolate frosting.  Yum!

My little sister surprised me with a gift - two bags of chocolate candies :)

It was such a fun and thoughtful day.  I had no idea they were planning something special for me!

Linked to: Gratituesday

4 comments:

Ruth Chowdhury said...

How fun! Happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

What a special suprise and something to be grateful for! Happy Early Birthday!

jasnjoj said...

Ah, what girl DOESN'T love chocolate? Do you prefer milk or dark chocolate, Cara???

Peterson Party said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Joli - I love both dark and milk chocolate! Just not the imposter white chocolate :)