Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Declutter Challenge: Round Two (Linen Closet)

Today was clean the master bathroom day, so while I was in there, I took advantage of the time and decluttered the linen closet.

Here is the before picture.  I know - YIKES! - but it is so easy just to throw stuff in there because it's always behind a closed door.

Here is the after picture.  Not a huge difference, but definitely more tidy.  Andy noticed it right away when he got home from work.

I didn't get rid of too many things today.  What is going into my donation pile is:

- bedskirt (This was hard to part with because my sister made it for me, but I haven't used it in several years and am not planning on changing my bedding in the near future, so I decided it was time for it to find a new home.  If I ever need a new bedskirt, I am sure my sister will make a new one for me or better yet, teach me how to make one myself.)
- fitted sheet
- table cloth
- cloth napkins x 3 (not sure what happened to the fourth one)
- unopened bottle of baby oil
- unopened bottle of cocoa butter
- unopened bottle of lotion
- unopened bottle of baby powder

So that is 10 things I have removed from my house today (85 things total) and 287 more to remove before March 18, 2011!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your doing great!

Ruth Chowdhury said...

Totally challenging me. I gotta get started!!