Monday, March 8, 2010

I Spy

Whenever we go to Chick-Fil-A (our favorite fast food restaurant), the girls share a kids meal and I typically get one as well.  I love reading to the girls and they love listening to stories, so the idea of books coming in the kids meals is appealing.  Unfortunately though, we are never that impressed with their books.  Occassionally the books will get exchanged for ice cream, but more commonly they will get tossed into the trash after looking at them once or twice.  Last night, Andy and I were cleaning out the car and I saw two identical books from Chick-Fil-A.  I was going to throw them away, but decided I would turn them into a game for Arin instead.

I left one book in tact and cut several pictures from the second book.  I then, randomly glued the pictures onto cardstock.  I had enough pictures for five pieces of cardstock.  I covered one piece of the cardstock with clear contact paper, which I thought would give it a write and wipe type surface for dry erase markers, but that didn't seem to work out so well, so I am glad I tested it with only one piece. 


Once the pictures were on the cardstock, I gave one to Arin, along with the book.  She was then able to look through the book to "spy" the pictures on her paper.  Once she found the matching picture, she put an x over it and went on to look for the next one.

Ella was the official cheerleader!

Arin really enjoyed this activity, so we will be making more of these "I Spy" games with our Chick-Fil-A books!

3 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

Man I SO WISH we had a Chick Fil A near us we are doing Australia in 2 weeks! maybe I'll have to call up my dad!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

I love your ISPY I love that they use books for the kids meal! wish all would follow suite!

MommyWise said...

Awesome idea!