Word Families were such a hit with her, that I decided to use the same concept to make math eggs. Originally, I had planned to make only addition eggs, but a couple of weeks ago my brother and sister-in-law introduced Arin to subtraction and it has been her passion ever since. On one half of each egg, I wrote a simple addition or subtraction problem and on the other side, I wrote three multiple choice answers. Once she figured out what the solution was, she turned the egg so that the equation lined up properly. On the suggestion of one of my readers (thanks Phyllis!), I put something inside the eggs this time. In each egg, I put beans corresponding to the correct answer to the math problem. This way, Arin was able to count the beans and self-check her answers. This extra step was also a huge hit and a great addition that helped to vary the game's directions from that of the Word Families game.